After completing my assignments this week; I began to question my role and commitment to making the world a more sustainable place to live in. After finishing the second paper on challenges; I realized that there are people that do not care about the environment at all. Terrorist are willing to destroy the earth in order to accomplish their selfish goals. On the other hand, after finishing my article summary, I realize that there are people that are willing to sacrifice their freedom and even their lives in order to save nature.
I personally do not fall under either one of these extremes. I believe that by successfully completing this course, I will become educated on the complex issues of Environmental Protection, Conservation and Sustainability. For now I will just keep doing my small deeds like: recycling, conserving water, conserving electricity, not wasting gasoline, taking care of the flora and fauna in my parent’s home, and caring for the environment in general in every possible way that I can. I am glad that we had the opportunity to submit an electronic journal; every little helps.
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment